In search of greater efficiency in service management
Vodafone Portugal wanted to improve the management of dozens of service providers that operated 14,000 assets in 100 buildings every day.
The large number of suppliers created a number of problems in the operation’s management.
- Each provider used a different asset management tool;
- When there was a change of provider, all the information stored on the platform controlled by the service provider was lost;
- The Vodafone help desk received requests and information on different channels, often by email, which made it difficult to process and follow up on requests.
All this complicated management, and made it difficult to control contracted service levels, a crucial issue for this type of organization.
It was accessible by browser or mobile app and offered quick access by providers, with no need to access Vodafone's internal network.
The solution’s modules made it possible to start managing various services immediately, from one-off actions to regular or preventive tasks.
All information is stored and is not affected by changes of providers, thereby giving management teams greater control.
It is now easier to store and organise all the information needed to check compliance with ISO 14000 environmental certification.
The first production version was implemented in only three months, including migration of existing data to the new solution.
The NextBITT solution automatically calculates compliance with contracted service levels, thereby facilitating the monitoring of service providers.
After NextBITT integration, all these problems have been solved, in a fast process that has streamlined asset management at Vodafone Portugal.
Today, NextBITT processes over 60,000 notifications per year and Vodafone's managers know there is room to continue growing.
- The relationship with providers has become more demanding and transparent as Vodafone Portugal's management team, applicants and suppliers now have access to the same tool and can follow all requests in real time.
- NextBITT has streamlined everything. For example, when a store makes a customer service request, the help desk does the screening and the provider who has to solve the problem receives the notification. In addition, everything can be done from anywhere with a computer or mobile device.
- No request remains unanswered. In the words of Esther Domínguez, Infrastructure Engineer at Vodafone, “There is now self service on the part of the person requesting the service and no request remains unanswered. Moreover, there is no longer the danger of dispersing the information into different files, which sometimes created repetitions and complicated management of requests”